Miami Slip and Fall Lawyers
Need a Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in Miami?
It’s amusing when a cartoon character slips on a banana peel and sprawls onto his back, feet in the air. It’s not so funny when it happens in real life. Unfortunately, millions of people are injured in slip and fall accidents every year. In fact, slip and fall injuries account for nearly one in six accidental deaths, comparable to car accidents.
If you have suffered a Miami slip and fall accident that was someone else’s fault, you probably have a slip and fall claim. You should know that the state of Florida allows you to be compensated for all of the losses you suffered (not necessarily limited to your medical bills).
Examples of Common Slip and Fall Accidents:
There are a thousand ways to suffer a slip and fall accident. Some of the most common are listed below:
- You slip from a scaffolding at a construction site
- You fall down while trying to escape from a vicious dog that is chasing you
- A stairwell railing collapses while you are descending a stairwell
- You slip on a wet floor in the produce aisle of your grocery store
- You slip on an icy pavement in a parking lot
- You slip on a rotten banana peel on a subway platform
The key to victory when something like this happens is to identify how the accident happened, how negligence caused it, and who is responsible.
Ways to secure compensation:
To secure compensation for a slip and fall accident, you will need to identify the appropriate defendant and select the law under which you will seek compensation. Most slip and fall accident victims seek compensation on one of the following bases:
- The workers’ compensation system: Workers’ compensation applies when you are injured on the job. Its big advantage is that you don’t have to prove that your employer was at fault to win. Its big disadvantage is that you cannot pursue damages for pain and suffering. Not all workplace accidents are subject to workers’ compensation rules, however.
- Premises liability law: If you are injured by a dangerous condition on premises that belong to someone else — a shop owner or the owner of a private residence, you can pursue liability under premises liability law. A property owner is responsible for keeping his property safe for visitors.
The slip and fall accident lawyers at DLE Lawyers can negotiate with workers’ compensation representatives, insurance companies and property owners to resolve your claim at the settlement table instead of the courtroom. If push comes to shove, however, we are ready to fight it out in court — and our stellar courtroom track record proves that we mean business.
What are you entitled to?
The job of a personal injury lawyer is more than just seeing to it that you are reimbursed for your medical bills.
- Medical expenses: You are entitled to reimbursement for all of your medical expenses — past, present and future. If you anticipate long-term future medical expenses, it is absolutely critical that you estimate them accurately so you will know how much to claim. We know exactly how to do this.
- Lost earnings: You may have lost significant work time during your recovery, and you may even discover that your injuries prevent you from returning to your old job. You are entitled not only to compensation for the work you missed, but also for any loss of future earnings all the way up to retirement.
- Pain and suffering and other intangible damages: You aren entitled to compensation for your psychological suffering — pain and suffering, mental anguish, etc. This compensation could far exceed what you receive for medical expenses.
- Punitive damages: You might be eligible for punitive damages if the party responsible for your injury caused it by acting in a particularly outrageous manner.
Wrongful death law kicks in when someone dies from a slip and fall accident. Under Florida wrongful death law, the personal representative of the deceased victim’s estate files a wrongful death lawsuit in behalf of the victim’s close relatives and dependent family members. Compensation can be substantial.
Normally, the personal representative of the estate is named in the victim’s last will and testament. If there is no will (if the victim is a child, for example), the court will appoint a personal representative, typically from among the victim’s close relatives.
Don’t Let Advertising Slogans Fool You — the Insurance Company is Your Adversary, Not Your Friend.
For an insurance company, premiums represent income, and slip and fall injury claims represent expenses. Since too many expenses means the insurance company goes bankrupt, don’t expect the insurance company to be friendly to your claim. Insurance company adjusters are professional negotiators, and their job is to whittle down the value of your claim or deny it altogether.
An insurance adjuster will bring a bag of tricks bigger than Santa Claus to any claim settlement negotiation. Fear not — the slip and fall lawyers at DLE Lawyers know all of these tricks by heart. We’ve seen them all before, and we’re not going to let anyone take advantage of you.
You Pay Nothing Unless You Win.
At our law firm, we don’t believe our clients should pay for nothing. Smooth-sounding arguments are utterly useless if they don’t result in actual compensation being paid to you. We don’t charge by the hour – we charge by the results we achieve. We don’t charge up-front fees, and you will never owe us anything until and unless we win your case and your compensation has already arrived.
Contact Our Slip and Fall Lawyers Today:
The Miami personal injury compensation system is competitive, and it is set up to reward people who aggressively pursue their claims. Miami slip and fall claims can get complicated, and you are going to need a team of skilled slip and fall accident lawyers to maximize your chances of victory. For a free consultation, call the slip and fall accident lawyers at DLE Lawyers today at (305) 363-7855 or fill out our online contact form.